The Senior HR Director plans, oversees, and assures customer-driven operations of the Human Resource function. The position carries out/oversees responsibilities in the following areas: Human Capital Management Systems (HCMS), HR metrics and reporting, compliance/regulatory updates (federal/state/local), records maintenance and retention, employee relations and counseling, management counseling and support, exit interviews and related processes, support/coordination with training and development, on-boarding and new hire check-ins, support/coordination with benefits, job and compensation analysis, performance management, organizational development, and employment support. Additionally, the HR Leader supervises Human Resources Generalists, assuring selection of top talent, on-boarding, work-load balancing, coaching, development, and oversight of work quality, attendance and other general supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Performs a variety of Generalist and Management duties in the HR department inclusive of:
- Participates in development of department goals, objectives, plans, and budgets (inclusive of annual compensation reviews/guides/budgets).
- Monitors, drafts/recommends personnel policies and administers handbooks, and related documentation. Manages and documents corporate communications informing Associates of policy changes and assuring related training, where needed.
- Establishes and maintains LocumTenens.com's instance of HCMS and/or stand-alone HCMS, as appropriate. Conducts e-record audits and assures corrects are made timely, root cause is determined for repeated errors or omissions, and HCMS coordinates effectively with other related Company systems (Time Tracking, Payroll, LMS, CRM, ATS, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains LT Intranet or portal within HCMS or as Stand-Alone to effectively deliver communications, policies, documents, forms, or other materials specific to LT (vs. JH).
- Conducts recruitment as necessary to supplement efforts of Talent Acquisition team or overseeing efforts of HRGs who may be asked to conduct recruiting.
- Development of Tactical SOPS (Standard Operating Procedures) or Work Instructions for HR Manager and related departmental functions, as well as reflecting in documentation periodic updates in procedures, practices, or policies. Assures use of SOPs in new hire, cross training, or periodic retraining of HR team members. Acts as backup to Dev Mgr. for Company-Wide SOPs.
- Fields Associate and Management questions, administers request forms, collects signatures, communicates decisions, and maintains documentation (policies, tuition reimbursement, teleworking, LOAs, etc.). Delegates areas of division/team/department specialty and/or generalist duty to HRGs to provide excellent or Wow customer service.
- Assures maintenance of confidential/medical/personnel records for each Associate, periodic compliance audits, and secure/accurate records retention. Actively manages records disposal schedules, inclusive of LT I-9s. Implements and always maintains file check-out system to assure locator information available. Implements and actively manages an on-going effort to become paperless and provide records disaster recovery.
- Manages process and documentation of ESRs (Status Changes) and associated electronic records, to assure optimal accuracy and up-to-date Associate status data. Trains HRGs in audit procedures and oversees development of their proficiency identifying errors and communicating/working with HCMS for corrections.
- Oversight of Timely Performance Evaluation Schedules, 90-Day or Periodic Introductory Reviews, New Manager Feedback, 360's, etc. and assuring formal, signed documents are maintained in official personnel files. Review and oversee content of Non-Exempt Appraisals (quality, risk assessment, etc.) along with compliance of associated ESRs with salary guides or compensation structures. Collect and pass all Exempt PEs and ESRs to VP HR.
- Manages to Team Scorecard objectives, assuring alignment with daily workflow as well as projects or longer-term team goals.
- Scheduling and conducting Exit Interviews for all positions; assuring preparation and issue termination documents, confirm receipt/processing of DISARMS timely, collect badges, etc. Collect exit trends report and issue quarterly or as directed. Trains HRGs in difficult termination procedures and exit interviews. Assures team conducts not only Associate Exit Interviews, but also Management Exit Meetings to continually seek out and address trends.
- Maintain LT Policy Handbook Addendum to include document management, updating content as directed, controlling document versions, drafting change memos/Associate notices, assuring Acknowledgements are collected/maintained, etc. Periodically audit JH/Outsourced HR practices for on-boarding, collecting documentation, and providing Benefits information to new hires or others
- Assures effective intra and inter-departmental relations between HR and other teams, whether customers or not.
- Manages Affirmative Action Plans; files EEO-1 and Vets reports annually; meets quarterly with Corporate Recruiting to review progress on goals, if any. Conducts Internal Investigations, drafts findings report and position statements, works with VP HR and Legal Counsel, and manages administration of claims responses and record keeping.
- Oversight on accurate and timely publication of Organizational Charts for LT and any of its subsidiaries.
- Oversees effective administration of LOA practices, compensation, and work coverages across teams. Assures consistency in readiness of teams, provides best practices, and seeks to improve exit and return from leave to keep workflow as seam-less as possible.
- Supports VP HR and/or Marketing team with Corporate Communications related to OD and similar.
- Implements and oversees administration for Unemployment Claims and Worker's Comp Claims, to minimize risk and costs as well as to assure safe working conditions.
- Act as backup to Development Manager in the administration of Promotions Interviews to include guiding and validating Career Path completions, reviewing files for past Action Plans/PIPS/Pas, collecting new JDs, setting expectations with Candidate, managing interview calendars, updating interview topics, setting debriefs, etc.
- Actively manage Employee Relations and Action Plans or PIPs, including first point of contact, Management counsel/reviewing case facts, conducting Personnel File reviews, providing case summaries to VP HR, setting Action Planning appointments, keeping accurate notes and records, updating Corrective Action logs, drafting agreed-to Plan content or editing drafts, meeting with Mgrs./Associates to deliver Plans, collecting and filing signed documents, conducting monthly progress updates, etc. Instructs HRGs in proper and consistent handling of ER cases, teaching team skills and building department bandwidth for performance and behavioral counseling.
- Coordinates with Shared HR (JH) to design/implement and administer monthly HR Metrics Dashboard, regularly review data accuracy and issue monthly reports (Headcount, TO, Retention, Training Hours/Impact, Successor Readiness, Performance Efficiencies, PTO/Attendance Trends, Team Customer Satisfaction, Hire Quality, etc.). Coordinates with Managers of Corporate Recruiting on CR Metrics such as TTF, CPH, etc. Periodic reporting of the HR Dashboard (establish and run monthly scheduled and provide ad-hoc reports as needed).
- Conducts bi-annual Comp Benchmarking study. Manages collection of new Position Description Questionnaires and Job Descriptions for newly created jobs during the year, as well as analysis of jobs for salary or bonus. Provides information to Corporate Recruiting as needed for use with Personnel Requisitions.
- Works with VP of HR to utilize Employer Branding and Functional materials for retention and specifically Hi Po retention (i.e. deployment of consistent materials in Training, on Associate portal or HR intranet, marketing materials, events, recruiting, etc.)
- Other duties as needed/requested.
Carries out Supervisory duties of HR Manager and HR Generalist:
- Hires and oversees performance
- Conducts regular check-in meetings and work-load balancing
- Assures team member cross training
- Establishes and maintains schedules and hours of work
- Manages requests or complaints regarding work output or quality
- Coaches and develops staff
- Acts as back-up to VP of HR as needed/requested
- Other duties as needed/requested