Our company, LocumTenens.com, is a growth leader in the healthcare staffing industry nationally. This means we are constantly adding new jobs, and that means there is plenty of room for you here. Locum Tenens is a Latin phrase meaning, “to hold the place of.” When hospitals are understaffed, they rely on us to find them the right temporary physicians on demand. Our services assure that patients get the care they need. We are a Jackson Healthcare company, the third largest healthcare staffing company in the U.S., serving more than 7 million patients in over 1,400 healthcare facilities.
Billing and Payroll Specialist is responsible for analyzing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned. Maintains payee information keeping up to date records including 1099 reporting and preparations. Process weekly timesheets and invoicing for clients. Prepares payroll for weekly processing. This role also:
• Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of assigned accounting functions.
• Reviews source documents and records daily transactions.
• Balances and posts daily write-ups and journals.
• Computes figures and prepares recurring account statements.
• Posts a number of transactions to the appropriate general ledger account.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned.
• Performs miscellaneous filing/sorting of checks, journals, daily write-ups, etc.
• Completes required records and reports and maintains files.
• Creates expense reports as assigned.
• Completes accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with area associates and with management.
High school graduate or equivalent. Additional accounting or bookkeeping coursework preferred. The candidate will be required to have:
• Proven experience in a high volume environment with a strong customer service affinity.
• Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures including account reconciliation. Knowledge of related computer applications.
• Two years of previous accounting experience preferred.
• Be well organized and detail oriented.
• Strong math skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Cooperative and willing to assist others.
• Able to use PC and other basic business machines.